As they say, video is the vehicle , but your marketing strategy should power your message. Before you jump head-first into making your video, it’s crucial you determine your primary goal from the get-go. This will help to keep your content focused, and will make the success of your video much easier to measure.
We get it, competing metrics and goals can be confusing – and that’s why we advise setting some “SMART” goals before you dive on in. Here’s how…
The basic principles of setting SMART goals:
- Specific: Set a specific goal, such as gathering new leads or generating buzz.
- Measurable: Determine how you will measure success by including both quantitative and qualitative benchmarks.
- Achievable: Consider any obstacles that could stand in your way of achieving your goals, and proceed or pivot accordingly.
- Relevant: Think about how the video fits into your overall marketing strategy and whether or not it aligns with your current business goals.
- Time-related: Set a concrete (and public!) deadline that’s tied to other projects, and hold yourself accountable.
Once you’ve landed on the goal of your video, it should be a lot easier to narrow down your focus on what type of content to create to serve that goal.
If you’d like to hear more about how to create a killer video marketing strategy for your business, we’re corporate video production Sydney experts (and we service Australia-wide). Simply get in touch with the We Know Video Production Sydney team via the contact us button!